Charlotte construction firm upfits 1930s-era hangar for new office

Char­lotte gen­er­al con­trac­tor Edi­fice Inc. recent­ly made a move from one adap­tive-reuse office space to anoth­er in South End.

Edi­fice relo­cat­ed this week from the for­mer Coca-Cola bot­tling plant on West More­head Street to the build­ing at 4111 South Blvd., a struc­ture built as two air­plane hangars in the 1930s. The 20,000-square-foot build­ing was dis­man­tled and moved in 1955 to its cur­rent loca­tion in the Sca­ley­bark part of South End, where it has since housed a crane-rental com­pa­ny, a tile shop and a box­ing gym.

For full arti­cle click here http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2016/11/04/charlotte-construction-firm-upfits-1930s-era.html